Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year and definitely a busy time of year. Since Ryan and I spent Thanksgiving in Benson with his side of the family, we stuck around and spent Christmas with my side of the family. It pretty much all started last sunday when we had our Baird-Watson Family get together at Jon & Carly's house. It was a smaller get together than normal because not everyone was in Southern California for Christmas this year but fun all the same. We hung out had some good food and played games, the kids got to decorate a rice krispy treat house and I think they really enjoyed eating the all the candy decorations. Amy & Peni were in town and it was fun to see them and their kids! Ryan's brother Blake came down from Utah so we got to hang out with him and his gf Julie while she's down visiting her family. So next was Christmas Eve dinner at Jon & Carly's again. They have a pretty nice set up at their house since the kids can play upstairs while the grown ups are hanging out downstairs cooking, etc. So Ryan volunteered to make tacos for dinner since we decided not to have a traditional Holiday dinner. It all turned out super good! I brought a bunch of sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and we had our traditional family gift exchange, and played more games. Of course we stayed up super late again but we had so much fun. The next morning it was breakfast at my Dad & Jeanne's house. So we got up and went to their house and had more good food and played outside in the nice warm weather. Afterwards we went to my uncle & aunts house, Fred & Sandy's house and saw my Grandma and lots of cousins. Hung out had a great dinner and spent some time with people we don't see very often. Then on Saturday, we spent the morning trying to catch up on sleep and David & Carolyn had Carolyn's brother Bill and his family over for a late lunch so we spent some time with them too. It's been a busy week but lots of fun! We are looking forward to the New Year and all the fun things it'll bring!
So obviously, Ryan and I aren't big on pictures, so I don't have any from all the stuff we've done but this is a picture I took when we were snowed in earlier this month. We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you brought those cookies for the kids to decorate. They love doing that stuff together. (And I'm still enjoying the leftovers!)
I love the picture of you and Ryan at the top of your blog. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas week :)
WE had so much fun seeing you guys. Just because Carly and Jon don't live up here anymore doesn't mean you cant come and see us!
Post a Comment