July 22, 2009

Las Vegas

Sunday was our 1 year anniversary. 1 down, eternity to go, unless Lani smartens up and kicks me to the curb. We decided to go to Vegas to get out of the heat, but, to our dismay, Vegas is not any cooler than it is here... in fact it's warmer.... But, we made the most of it. We stayed at the stratosphere, spent some time at the pool where Lani worked on looking more like a Mexican and I worked on going from glow in the dark to sickly pale. Quite a feat for me. On our honeymoon, which was approximately a year ago, we ate at this Brazilian barbecue. We've wanted to go back ever since and finally did. It was super bomb delicious. We had grilled pineapple, pork tenderloin, sirloin, chicken, out of this world sausage, and Lani even tried a small piece of fish. Which is quite a step for her, last year she tried some and it ended up back on her plate, this year it made it all the way down. We then cruised the strip, checked out the latest strip clubs and bars, gambled away our life savings of $47 and hitch hiked home. Just kidding. We went to the Bellagio and checked out some of the cool things they have. The water fountains were such a trip. They also had a giant chocolate fountain that's like 25 feet tall. Apparently you're not supposed to jump in the chocolate fountain naked and start slurping it up so Lani got arrested. I was on my way to the prison to post bail but got distracted by the giant wheel of fortune slot machine and somehow all the bail money ended up inside that big machine. So Lani is still in jail. Just kidding. We're home and safe. We also stopped at state line and rode the roller coaster, every time we've driven through there it's been closed, until now. So we took advantage of the opportunity to feel like somebody just beat the crap out of us and rode Desperado. I thought for sure we were going to see what was left of that small piece of fish Lani ate but she made it through and soon enough we were back on the road. We ate dinner in this charming little town called Baker, such character. It's a magical place, and when I say magical I mean they've figured out how to make it feel like noon after the sun has gone down. We ate at a fancy restaurant called Bob's Big Boy. I got a double cheeseburger and Lani got a belgian waffle... we wanted to try the Mad Greek but decided that I had had enough diarrhea for the trip. After that, we made it home, alive and well. And here are some pictures for you to enjoy









3 comments:

Jackie said...

Um...nice pictures. Good story though. Can't believe it's been a year already. I had a basketball growing out of me at that time. Glad you got to get away, it's always nice.

Chelsea F. said...

Happy Anniversary! That chocolate fountain at the Bellagio is crazy- Dust and I saw it a couple of months ago.

Jon + Carly said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip!
I think we ate at that same restaurant--the one in baker, unfortunately, not the brazilian bbq.